The Greater Minnesota Regional Parks & Trails Commission (GMRPTC) has announced its FY2018 Legacy Fund grant awards. Congratulations to these projects, which represent project funding totaling $8,298,810:
- Lake Wobegon Trail, District 4
- Moorhead River Corridor, District 3
- Detroit Mountain, District 3
- Cascade Lake Park, District 6
- Mesabi Trail, District 1
- Tioga Recreation Area, District 2
- Milford Mine Trail, District 2
- Memorial Park, District 3
- Dakota Rail Trail, District 5
- Lake Brophy Park, District 3
- Cook County Mountain Bike Trails, District 1
- Robbins Island Regional Park, District 3
The awards represent 35% of all funding requests received by GMRPTC for FY2018.
In a press release issued by the GMRPTC on Dec. 20, Commission Chair Mike Hulett stated “These grants will truly shape communities and provide greatly enhanced opportunities for outdoor recreation in Greater Minnesota for residents and visitors”.
The Minnesota Legislature must now approve the Commission’s recommendations during the upcoming legislative session.
For more information on these projects and the Greater MN Regional Parks & Trails Commission, visit gmrptcommission.org.