Membership in GMPT creates opportunities for greater Minnesota’s parks and trails to be heard! GMPT member benefits include:
- Strong advocacy at the State Capitol and with agencies on behalf of Greater Minnesota.
- Monthly newsletter that highlights legislative work, funding opportunities, parks and trails.
- Legislative Action Day at the Capitol that includes training on how to work with your legislators and outside speakers on topics such as grant funding and regional park designations.
- Annual membership meeting with opportunities to share ideas with fellow parks and trails supporters, help set legislative priorities, to learn from experts on relevant topics, and more.
- Legislative updates and alerts throughout the legislative session.
The GMPT currently has more than 100 members consisting of cities, counties, organizations and individuals dedicated to improving Minnesotans’ quality of life through recreational areas and opportunities by providing legislative support, promoting funding opportunities, and facilitating networking among parks and trails. To join us, please fill out one of the membership forms below: