Urge your legislators and the Capital Investment Committee chairs to support funding for local parks & trails grant programs!
We need your help to ensure that Greater Minnesota Parks & Trails’ top priority — bonding money for local parks and trails grants — receives a committee hearing and is included in the bonding bill.
The GMPT-supported legislation, HF 1270/SF 689, seeks to add $5 million in bonding for the Local Trails Connection Program and the Outdoor Recreation Grant Program. These programs play an essential role in providing matching funds for Greater Minnesota parks and trails that are not eligible for Legacy funding.
- Your local representative and senator. Use the Who Represents Me? website to find their contact information.
- Senate Capital Investment Committee Chair Sen. David Senjem at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-296-3903.
- House Capital Investment Committee Chair Rep. Dean Urdahl at email@example.com or 651-296-4344.
- Ask them to support HF 1270/SF 689 to provide bonding money for local parks and trails grant programs.
- Explain that these programs provide essential matching funds for parks and trails that are not eligible for Legacy grants.
- Mention that local parks and trails are vital to economic development and building healthy communities.
- Give examples of how these types of grant programs could benefit your community.
- For Sen. Senjem and Rep. Urdahl, ask them to give the bills a committee hearing and include them in the bonding bill.
- Also ask your local legislators to reach out Rep. Urdahl and Sen. Senjem as well to encourage the chairs to give the bills a hearing and include them in the bonding bill.
Questions? If you have any questions, please contact GMPT lobbyist Elizabeth Wefel at firstname.lastname@example.org.