Over the next several weeks, the House and Senate Capital Investment Committees will be assembling their bonding bills. We hope they will include $4 million in bonding for the DNR’s local parks and trails grant programs, as requested in our bills, HF1039 and SF513. We need all of our members help ensure the legislature includes this request in their proposals – so please take a few moments to send an email to the leaders of these committee
– Senate Capital Investment Committee Leadership
– House Capital Investment Committee Leadership
– Please copy your local legislators. Find contact information for your representative and senator by visiting Who Represents Me?
– Ask legislators to include $4 million in bonding for the DNR’s local parks and trails grant programs under Minnesota Statute 85.019 as included in HF1039 and SF513.
– Explain that these programs provide essential matching funds for local parks and trails that are not eligible for Legacy grants.
– Mention that getting children and families outside and into parks and trails fosters lifelong wellness and appreciation for the outdoors and helps to promote economic development in our communities.
– Give examples of how these types of grant programs have already benefited children and families in your community, or how they could benefit children and families in the future, by enhancing your local parks and trails.
– If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth Wefel at firstname.lastname@example.org.