Please join us in St. Paul on Feb. 8 in St. Paul for GMPT’s Legislative Action Day! The daylong event is a great opportunity to connect with other GMPT members, learn more about advocating for parks and trails, meet legislators, learn about funding opportunities, hear from the Greater Minnesota Parks & Trails Commission, and visit with your legislators. It starts at 9:30 a.m. and will be held at the offices of Flaherty & Hood, located at 525 Park Street in St. Paul (across the street from the Capitol).
To register, please feel out this online registration form.
Here is the Legislative Action Day agenda:
- 9:30 a.m. – Registration & Introductions
- 10 a.m. – Welcome (Marcia Larson, GMPT Chair)
- 10:10 a.m. – “Legislative Action: Moving GMPT’s Goals Forward” (Elizabeth Wefel & Bradley Peterson, Flaherty & Hood)
- 11:15 a.m. – “Update from Greater Minnesota Parks & Trails Commission” (Renee Mattson, Executive Director)
- 11:45 a.m. – “Legislative Panel Discussion” (invited speakers – Senator Carrie Ruud and Representative Bob Gunther (Invited)
- 12 p.m. – Lunch & Membership Discussion, topics to include:
- Bonding for parks and trails. How does this work?
- LCCMR for parks and trails
- Additional topics will be added as suggested by members. Please let us know if there’s something you’d like to discuss
- Afternoon – Meetings with legislators at the Minnesota Senate Building and State Office Building (Note: Attendees are responsible for making their own appointments with legislators)