Thanks to a grant from The Walt Disney Company, the National Park and Recreation Association (NPRA) is continuing the “Meet Me at the Park” program in 2018 to provide communities with increased access to inclusive play spaces in local parks for children and families. As part of this program, park and recreation agencies in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and U.S. Territories are invited to share their best ideas on increasing access to inclusive play spaces for children and families in underserved communities. Agencies with the most innovative, scalable and impactful project ideas will receive grants to build their projects. Click here to learn more and apply.
- Be a state or local government park and recreation agency (e.g., municipal park and recreation department, tribal recreation department, park district, etc.).
- Administer surveys and collect data from at least 25 people at the project site once the project is completed. Surveys and training will be provided.
- Provide opportunities for community engagement and volunteerism in association with the project.
- Promote the project locally through its own communication channels and on social media.
- Eight of the selected grantees will be required to conduct a more in-depth evaluation. Tools and training will be provided to selected grantees.
Application Due Date
Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 1.
Webinar to Learn More
NRPA will host a webinar on Tuesday, Jan. 30 to give an overview of the goals of the grant and answer applicant questions. Register for this webinar here.
If you have any questions about this grant opportunity, please email playspacesRFA@nrpa.org.